Friday, June 3, 2011

When do you have to change the timing belt on a 2005 PT Cruiser?

I have a 2005 PT Cruiser with 67K miles. Wondering when I should change the timing belt so it does not break on the road. I usually drive by myself, so want to make sure it is safe.When do you have to change the timing belt on a 2005 PT Cruiser?90k miles..........also have to change water pump at same time......and would also suggest replacing metal piping and gasket that attaches to pump housing......







** also make sure u re-align the trans after u do the work....



** speaking of trans fluid and filter supposed to b changed every 45k on that car....When do you have to change the timing belt on a 2005 PT Cruiser?The source indicates timing belts and change intervals (90K miles in severe service, which most often means city driving) through 2004, but none beyond that. Normally that means the engine uses a chain. However, I am also finding parts listings on-line for timing belts for the 2.4L engine that are for 2001-2009. I recommend you call the dealer's service department and ask for the straight scoop for the engine in your vehicle.
  • Fish
  • naming a kitten
  •