Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change the timing belt and an 87 chevy cavalier?

Is there a site I can go to that will give me step by step instructions or does anyone personally know how to do this? ThanksHow do I change the timing belt and an 87 chevy cavalier?Pick up a Haynes or Chilton manual for your car. Read it carefully and get everything you need before you start, and take your time, don't hurry, and you'll be fine.How do I change the timing belt and an 87 chevy cavalier?It's hardly a do-it-yourself project.How do I change the timing belt and an 87 chevy cavalier?YOU don't. A timing belt has to be set just right. You HAVE to take it to a shop!How do I change the timing belt and an 87 chevy cavalier?It does not have a timing belt, it uses a chain, tensioner and gears. If it's a Z24 it has no tensioner.How do I change the timing belt and an 87 chevy cavalier?Not something a do-it-yourself person should try...take it to someone who knows what they're doing