Friday, September 23, 2011

How often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?

If I don't change it, what will happen.How often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?every 30-50,000 miles. yes everytime. it will be less expensive in the long run(motor)How often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?Look in your owners manual it'll tell you when it should be changed and if you dont change i and it breaks you'll break other stuff tooHow often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?50,000 miles. yes everytime. it will be less expensive in the long run(motor)How often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?Generally they only need to be replaced every 75,000 to 100,000 miles. You manual will say. If you dont change it it will eventually break. In not sure if that car has a non interferring motor or not. If it doesnt, you might as well thrown the motor away and buy new. If it has a non interfering motor, then nothing will happen.How often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?Recommended replacement from 1990-1994 is every 90,000 miles, per the manufacturer. This application IS an interference engine, so if it breaks it can/will ruin your motor.



This doesn't mean it won't last longer or won't break sooner. We just saw a Cirrus that recommends replacement at 105,000. Her belt broke with 83, 000 miles on it and she babies the car.How often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?I had a great '87 Civic. Recommended change mileage was 60,000 miles. It went 110,000 miles before it broke, costing me $1500 for new valves and rings fifteen years ago. It was such a great car it was worth it, but I just have one thing to say: save up for it and always change your timing belt promptly, even ahead of time. It's a small price to pay to save your engine!



Best regards,

MikeHow often should I change the timing belt on a 1994 Honda Accord.?The mileage is about 70,000 miles, but do it sooner. If you are driving and the belt breaks, the engine will bend at least one maybe 2 valves. This means a new head for the engine or a new engine. It's not cheap to replace the belt but it's more expensive to replace the head and engine.