Monday, September 19, 2011

I have a 1995 Toyota Lucida that is probably overdue a timing belt change. Where is the timing belt...?

Where is the timing belt on the Lucida and how labour intensive is it to change?I have a 1995 Toyota Lucida that is probably overdue a timing belt change. Where is the timing belt...?You need to get yourself a repair manual (Haynes, Mitchell, or Chilton's) are all good manuals. There about $25.00 at your local auto parts store. Read through it a little and see if you have the tools and mechanical capabilities to perform this procedure. I'm thinking if you don't know where it is, it might be better to take it to a professional. Although if you feel like it's something you want to tackle, a repair manual is a must because it will tell you how to line up the cam and crank when you install the new belt. This is probably a job for at least and intermediate mechanic. GOOD LUCK!!!I have a 1995 Toyota Lucida that is probably overdue a timing belt change. Where is the timing belt...?I believe in the US the Previa is the same as the Lucida, I might be wrong though. I had to do a head gasket on one once and I had to remove the engine from the vehicle to change it. This was a couple of years ago but I seem to remember it had a timing chain not a belt. Again I have heard people say the Previa (its a little van) is called a Lucida in other countries. If its the same vehicle its not too bad if you have the equipment to remove the engine first.
  • pets
  • gray hair
  •