Friday, September 23, 2011

Timing belt change on a Honda civic.?

Its time for a timing belt change on my Honda, recommend at 110. and I'm at 121 right now. I'm starting to hear grinding from my engine which is a sign that the belt is wearing. I have an appointment on Monday for the maintenance, but I have to go to work tomorrow,(20 miles away and back) and I'm getting nervous, because I don't want the belt to snap on me. ( that has already happened to me with another car.Timing belt change on a Honda civic.?keep the rpms low, low rpms = low timing belt speed, which i guess would put less strain on it, if you normally drive like an older person you should be good, i replaced my dad's timing belt on a 2001 accord at 112k miles and there wasnt a crack on it. Anyways, good luckTiming belt change on a Honda civic.?Purchase a AAA roadside account, tow it to the shop. The account is $67 bucks for a free 100 mile tow. Cant beat it.Timing belt change on a Honda civic.?Take your chances. Don't worry about AAA because if it breaks you can just abandon the car. When the timing belt breaks on a Honda the valves hit the pistons and you need an engine anyhow. If it hasn't broken yet, what is 20 more miles? And worn timing belts don't make a grinding noise, somebody is lying to you.