Friday, September 23, 2011

I have 2000 Honda Civic with 108 K mileages. How much it cost for timing belt change ?

it depends on who does it, what they include and the quality of the parts they use.



my local honda dealer charges $399 and includes all drive belts using the honda replacement parts, a new water pump and new coolant.



you can have it done without changing the water pump or coolant (I don't recommend that but you have that option) and you can only change the timing belt using a non-honda part if you want to save money. just to change the timing belt and taking the car to a place other than a honda dealer will run between $200 and $250 depending on your area of the country and how hungry the shops are for business.



as for me, I go to the honda dealer and do the belts, water pump and coolant. its worth it to me to know its done right, guaranteed, and that it will last another 110k.



hope that helpsI have 2000 Honda Civic with 108 K mileages. How much it cost for timing belt change ?do it yourself=)I have 2000 Honda Civic with 108 K mileages. How much it cost for timing belt change ?with belt,waterpump and seals and accessory belts(this is what you should replace)+-$500.00. honda tech 12yrs. ps. do the waterpump its drivin by t-belt.